Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Well, I am not going to get pictures posted today. Kelly has left for the day and so I'll try later. California was so wonderful. We traveled 3 hours in a blizzard to get to the airport; waited for the plane to get into Salt Lake for almost an hour; then sat on the plane for close to another hour for them to clean the tarmac and de-ice the plane before we could take off. But after that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Tysha rented a GPS and let me tell you all, that that piece of technology is the most wonderful piece of invention since penicillian! If I made a wrong turn there was no sweat and tears figuring that you would never hear from us again, being lost for good! We just heard this wonderful word, "recalculating!" I don't think that I would be too worried about driving anywhere if I had a GPS'as my partner. While Tysha was in meetings I walked the city streets. There was big shopping center that covered about three or four city blocks with dozens and dozens of stores and a movie complex that had 30 screens. This was just a couple of blocks away from our hotel. I visited the Crystal Cathedral and grounds which took an afternoon to just tour the different buildings on that premesis. On Thursday I went to Newport Beach all by myself! It was a cooler, foggy day so I had the whole beach to myself. There were only a handful of fishermen on the pier so I just watched them fish for awhile. That evening after Tysha's meetings she wanted to visited the beach so we went to Newport at 10:00 pm. We got there about 10:45 and found out that the beach is closed every night at 10:00. A security guard was just coming off the beach in his patrol jeep. I stopped him to ask if we could go down to the water front. He told us that the beach was closed and that he had just finished his security sweep of the beach, everything was quiet and safe. He said that he wouldn't be back for awhile. He told me that he couldn't tell me to break the law but he was sure that he wouldn't be back anytime soon. So Tysha went wading in the water. She loved it! We hated to come back to the real world of work but I guess we wouldn't appreciate these things if we had them everyday. Hopefully I will get some pictures posted soon. I am truly glad that we are home safe and sound. It was a nice place to visit but way to big for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you finally posted. I hope you had a great birthday and I am so glad you had a great time in California. The girls loved their postcards.

The Trees said...

What a great way to vacation. Nothing on the schedule, you can just sit back and relax. And you don't even have to feel guilty about using all your free time to clean or do unfinished projects. Wonderful. So glad you had a great time. Can't wait for your pics. And Happy Birthday! We Love You!

Unknown said...

I tagged you so when you get a second go to my blog for details(ha,ha)